Hristo Stoichkov winds up Real Madrid after Barça title win
The Bulgarian was in full troll mode following his former team's league victory on Sunday and posted a photo of a drove of pigs made to look like Real Madrid players.
While Hristo Stoichkov was a controversial figure during his illustrious playing career, his penchant for riling up Real Madrid fans does not seem to have dissipated since retiring from the game. The Bulgarian, who now works as a commentator on Univision Deportes, still likes to poke fun at madridistas when things don't go their way.
His latest jibe, fresh off the back of Barcelona's LaLiga title coronation, came in the form of an Instagram post in which a drove of pigs wearing Real Madrid jerseys are seen immersed in a kick about. To hammer the powerful image home, the former Cryuff disciple captioned the picture: "Here's how LaLiga's second-placed team trains".
Stoichkov, the football troll
This is not the first time Stoichkov has caused controversy on social media. The outspoken former striker was quick to slag off Betis goalkeeper Adán when he failed to claim a ball against Barcelona which resulted in an easy tap-in for Rakitic: "Look at Adán, looking for mushrooms!". He also posted photos of a plucked Parakeet after the Catalan derby in reference to Barcelona's mauling of Espanyol.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO 2020 Tokyo 2020 Olympics - Football Tournament draws: as it happened
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: all English clubs withdraw, reactions, Florentino Pérez, UEFA, clubs
- FOOTBALL European Super League 'hugely embarrassing' for Madrid president Perez
- FOOTBALL Inter and Atletico withdraw as Agnelli says European Super League is a no-go
- George and Clippers nip Blazers late, Irving leads way for Nets
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim