Marcelino's wife raises further suspicions about Sporting-Villarreal
In a very ill-advised move Mar García Tuero congratulated the Asturian side on beating the Yellow Submarine 2-0 to stay in the Spanish top-flight: "We leave you in the first division".
The wife of Villarreal manager Marcelino García Toral has thrown fresh fuel on the fire in the aftermath of the Yellow Submarine's controversial performance at El Molinón on Sunday. With nothing to play for, LaLiga's fourth-placed outfit fielded a significantly weakened side against Sporting and were beaten 2-0, a result that ensured the Asturians avoided relegation at the expense of Rayo Vallecano and Getafe.
In a very ill-advised move Mar García Tuero posted a congratulatory message to the Rojiblancos on her Facebook account: "I leave Asturias with the job done!!! We leave you in the first division".
Her comments came after her husband had already publically announced that he didn't want Sporting to go down and would have preferred another team take their place. The Villarreal boss lined up without his first or second-choice goalkeepers nor a whole host of regular starters like Víctor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Musacchio, Bruno, Denis Suárez, Soldado and Bakambu.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Third stimulus check: who would be eligible under Joe Biden’s proposal?
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live