Marcelino's wife raises further suspicions about Sporting-Villarreal
In a very ill-advised move Mar García Tuero congratulated the Asturian side on beating the Yellow Submarine 2-0 to stay in the Spanish top-flight: "We leave you in the first division".
The wife of Villarreal manager Marcelino García Toral has thrown fresh fuel on the fire in the aftermath of the Yellow Submarine's controversial performance at El Molinón on Sunday. With nothing to play for, LaLiga's fourth-placed outfit fielded a significantly weakened side against Sporting and were beaten 2-0, a result that ensured the Asturians avoided relegation at the expense of Rayo Vallecano and Getafe.
In a very ill-advised move Mar García Tuero posted a congratulatory message to the Rojiblancos on her Facebook account: "I leave Asturias with the job done!!! We leave you in the first division".
Her comments came after her husband had already publically announced that he didn't want Sporting to go down and would have preferred another team take their place. The Villarreal boss lined up without his first or second-choice goalkeepers nor a whole host of regular starters like Víctor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Musacchio, Bruno, Denis Suárez, Soldado and Bakambu.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder of George Floyd, updates, reaction
- George Floyd Derek Chauvin jury verdict live online: George Floyd Death Trial | Deliberation, possible charges...
- US News $600 Golden State stimulus check: who qualifies in California?
- Technology Apple 'Spring Loaded' | M1 iPad Pro, M1 iMac, Air Tags...
- US News Unemployment benefits: What state has the best payments?
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Mason to take charge of Spurs until end of season