Referee Jonas Eriksson misses two first-half Liverpool penalties
Liverpool incensed after two clear penalty shouts were ignored by Swede Jonas Eriksson: Carricio handled a Sturridge through ball, then Krychowiak handled low from Firmino.
The referee missed two clear penalties for handball in the first half that would have given Liverpool the chance to go in at the break leading 3-0, Carricio handled a Sturridge through ball on 12', Lovren had a headed goal disallowed on 40' then Krychowiak handled low from Firmino, but Swede Jonas Eriksson let the game go on.
39: Lovren heads the ball in but Sturridge is in the 'keeper's way in an offside position so the goal is disallowed (1-0)— Liverpool FC (@LFC) 18 May 2016
On a night of controversy that saw fighting break out before the first whistle, the confrontation moved to the pitch and the Liverpudlians could feel a little hard-done-by at half-time.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Official: Sergiño Dest signs for Barcelona on five-year deal
- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League 2020/21 group stage draw live online
- BARCELONA Barcelona make new offer for Manchester City's Eric García
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Borja Mayoral seeking exit to Roma
- Pogba returns to Deschamps' squad as Camavinga retains France place
- Milan complete Jens Petter Hauge signing