Referee Jonas Eriksson misses two first-half Liverpool penalties
Liverpool incensed after two clear penalty shouts were ignored by Swede Jonas Eriksson: Carricio handled a Sturridge through ball, then Krychowiak handled low from Firmino.
The referee missed two clear penalties for handball in the first half that would have given Liverpool the chance to go in at the break leading 3-0, Carricio handled a Sturridge through ball on 12', Lovren had a headed goal disallowed on 40' then Krychowiak handled low from Firmino, but Swede Jonas Eriksson let the game go on.
39: Lovren heads the ball in but Sturridge is in the 'keeper's way in an offside position so the goal is disallowed (1-0)— Liverpool FC (@LFC) 18 May 2016
On a night of controversy that saw fighting break out before the first whistle, the confrontation moved to the pitch and the Liverpudlians could feel a little hard-done-by at half-time.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro and Valverde form the ideal midfield partnership
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey draw: 2019/20 first-round pairings revealed
- ENGLAND England: Southgate believes Sterling tweet brought closure to Gomez incident
- BARCELONA Rakitic: Barcelona turn down Premier League offer
- Serie A Manchester United: Koulibaly not planning on Napoli departure
- Neymar 'will always be an option' for Barcelona – Abidal