Sevilla guarantee a third straight all-Spanish European Super Cup
Sevilla will take on either Atlético or Real Madrid on 9 August in Norway following their win over Liverpool. The Andalusians have faced La Liga sides in the previous two editions.
Sevilla's victory over Liverpool in the Europa League final ensures that all three of the continent's most prestigious club titles will be making their way to Spain this year. Unai Emery's men will face either Atlético Madrid or Real Madrid (who play each other in the Champions League showpiece event on 28 May) in the final of the European Super Cup, which will take place on 9 August in Trondheim, Norway.
This year's edition of the UEFA Super Cup marks the third consecutive showdown between Spanish sides. Real Madrid and Sevilla battled it out in Cardiff in 2014, while Barça overcame the Andalusians in Tbilisi in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus