Football vs emotion
When it comes down to football versus emotion, football almost always comes out on top. They'll say that each team had their half, but behind it all Sevilla had an idea, a coach and players bought into it. Liverpool were pulled along by the fans, by Klopp's emotive nature, but they discovered yesterday that although they are making progress they still have a bit to go. In the moments after Sevilla scored so unexpectedly at the start of the second half, the Liverpool players seemed to look around for someone to guide them, someone to demand the ball, and the leadership of the coach, but there was nothing.
The mistake made by Liverpool supporters was to think that the shirt and history of the club could win finals. Much more is needed. Ibrahimovic voted Emery as the best coach in the world and clearly he is someone who gets the absolute maximum out of what he has to work with. I feel that if he had been managing Liverpool last night, it would have been the Reds who won.
Te recomendamos en English
- SPAIN Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
- FOOTBALL Photo of Ajax youth player, David Easmon, goes viral
- Premier League Man United: world class players and youth as net debt soars
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James to miss six weeks with knee injury
- PSG Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
- EURO 2020 Low lists teams ahead of Germany at Euro 2020