Jamie Carragher attacks Alberto Moreno on Twitter
Ex-Liverpool player Jamie Carragher posted an angry message on Twitter, that he later deleted, asking the club to find a replacement for the left back against Sevilla.
The Europa League final was bitter sweet for ex-Sevilla player Alberto Moreno as he saw his previous side win an unprecedented fifth title while being on the losing end of the defeat for his current employers Liverpool.
And ex-Liverpool player, and club legend, Jamie Carragher gave his employers some choice words when questioning the left-backs involvement in the second half debacle. The now pundit took to Twitter to urge the transfer committee (those seemingly responsible for the hiring and firing of players) and the manager, Jürgen Klopp, to find a replacement for the Spaniard after his errors played a part in all three Sevilla goals.
"Sign a fucking left back," was his cry, as you can see from his rather clear tweet before it was hastily deleted. As usual, it's not easy to delete it prior to someone getting a copy. Whether he will maintain this view when he next does some analysis we will see.
Other ex-Reds, Michael Owen and Steve McManaman, both who had spells at Real Madrid and are now involved in TV punditry, also pointed the finger in the direction of Moreno. The defender himself was interviewed after the loss and gave his view. "In the second half they [Sevilla] consumed us. They came out all guns blazing and in 20 minutes we had conceded three."
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch