James Rodríguez says that he wants to stay at Real Madrid
Real Madrid and Colombian player, James Rodríguez, has confirmed that he will play in the Copa América but not the Olympics.
On the programme "Planeta fútbol" shown on Spanish TV channel Antena 2, journalist Carlos Antonio Vélez admitted that he had had a casual encounter with James Rodríguez in which the star had spoken about his participation in the Copa América, Olympic Games and about his desires to remain with his current club, Real Madrid.
According to the reporter, James has confirmed that he will represent Colombia in the Copa América but that he would not play in the Olympics. The number 10 was the most highly prized option to be selected for the global event as one of the three permitted players older than 23 but this will now not happen.
In recent days there has been much speculation about offers coming in for the midfielder from some big clubs. But Carlos was quick to confirm that James has every intention of fighting for his place in the Los Blancos team and he wants to continue with the club. Only an incredible offer would get his attention.
The player also went on to say that he has a professional relationship with Zidane, where his coach gives the orders and he tries to fulfil them.
Te recomendamos en English
- Covid-19 Coronavirus: Which countries have banned alcohol during lockdown?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 30 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 30 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March