Robert Fernández: "I’ve been following Gameiro for years"
"We went to watch him when I worked for Atlético. We didn’t sign him then, which was possibly a bad decision,” Barça's technical secretary said.
Robert Fernández, Barcelona's technical secretary, admitted his admiration for Gameiro in recent seasons, and particularly during his time as part of Atlético Madrid’s sporting management team. Fernández told TV3: “I’ve been following this player for many years, ever since I worked at Atlético Madrid, with García Pitarch. We went to watch him but we didn’t sign him, which was possibly a bad decision. He went to PSG, where he didn’t play much, then he signed for Sevilla,” he said.
Fernández also commented on the Copa del Rey final between Barça and Sevilla, to be played in the Vicente Calderón this coming Sunday. “Sevilla are a difficult side, and compete really well. Similar to Atlético or Madrid, they will be a rival that will push us all the way,” he admitted.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL Bale starts for Wales 34 days after last game
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema vs. French FA wrangle intensifies
- SERIE A Lukaku contradicts Solskjaer: "He wanted me to stay"
- Alonso: I left Real Madrid because of Guardiola
- 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino
- BARCELONA Griezmann's former agent weighs in on Barcelona struggles