Robert Fernández: "I’ve been following Gameiro for years"
"We went to watch him when I worked for Atlético. We didn’t sign him then, which was possibly a bad decision,” Barça's technical secretary said.
Robert Fernández, Barcelona's technical secretary, admitted his admiration for Gameiro in recent seasons, and particularly during his time as part of Atlético Madrid’s sporting management team. Fernández told TV3: “I’ve been following this player for many years, ever since I worked at Atlético Madrid, with García Pitarch. We went to watch him but we didn’t sign him, which was possibly a bad decision. He went to PSG, where he didn’t play much, then he signed for Sevilla,” he said.
Fernández also commented on the Copa del Rey final between Barça and Sevilla, to be played in the Vicente Calderón this coming Sunday. “Sevilla are a difficult side, and compete really well. Similar to Atlético or Madrid, they will be a rival that will push us all the way,” he admitted.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history