Everything points to Neymar signing a new contract with Barcelona sooner rather than later. It has been suggested that the agreement in principle could be announced as early as next week after the Copa del Rey final against Sevilla. It is expected to be a deal to be signed after the conclusion of the Olympic Games in Rio, in which Neymar is due to play for Brazil.
But the player is keeping his options open in case negotiations break down and his entourage have informed Brazilian daily Globoesporte that there are currently three offers on the table that are being studied. Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United have all expressed their interest in signing Neymar if talks with Barcelona do not reach a successful conclusion.
Globoesporte states that the renewal offer from Barcelona will run to 2022. The paper also says that Neymar is happy at Camp Nou and his intention is to stay at the club but that he is also seeking movement on the part of the board to meet his desires.
And in order to get what he wants Neymar has bargaining chips. The offers are formal and not mere inquiries as was though until now, according to Globoesporte. PSG are the keenest suitors because they have a void to fill after Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s departure, and the money freed up on the wage bill. Neymar’s father has denied the existence of offers but in Brazil the media has said this is all part of the game. Real Madrid and Manchester United are a step behind the Ligue 1 champions for now.
Neymar’s current deal runs until 2018 and includes a minimum buy-out clause of 190 million euros. If he signs a new deal with Barcelona, that figure will rise to 220 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...