Man Utd, James' preferred option if Real decide to sell
The Colombia international is set to rebuff offers to play for PSG and Juventus in favour of a move to the Premier League if he is put up for sale.
According to ESPN, James Rodríguez does not want to call time on his Real Madrid career but if the club decides he is surplus to requirements ahead of next season the Colombia international has a clear destination in mind: Manchester United. James has been the subject of serious interest from PSG and Juventus over the past week, the former viewing the midfielder as a marquee signing to soften the blow of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s departure, while the Serie A club want to include the player as part of any negotiation over the future of Álvaro Morata.
Although, as AS reported this week, PSG are willing to offer Real Madrid more than they paid for the Colombian (77 million euros from Monaco in 2014), James is not overly keen on moving back to Ligue 1.
From Real Madrid’s point of view, James’ situation is a complicated one. Zinedine Zidane rates the player but in the Frenchman’s 4-3-3 formation there is no room to accommodate him. Casemiro, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos have been the preferred midfield three behind the BBC under Zidane in the important games, with James a frustrated spectator most of the time. In the Champions League ties against Wolfsburg and Manchester City, the Colombian played just 28 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?