Man Utd, James' preferred option if Real decide to sell
The Colombia international is set to rebuff offers to play for PSG and Juventus in favour of a move to the Premier League if he is put up for sale.
According to ESPN, James Rodríguez does not want to call time on his Real Madrid career but if the club decides he is surplus to requirements ahead of next season the Colombia international has a clear destination in mind: Manchester United. James has been the subject of serious interest from PSG and Juventus over the past week, the former viewing the midfielder as a marquee signing to soften the blow of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s departure, while the Serie A club want to include the player as part of any negotiation over the future of Álvaro Morata.
Although, as AS reported this week, PSG are willing to offer Real Madrid more than they paid for the Colombian (77 million euros from Monaco in 2014), James is not overly keen on moving back to Ligue 1.
From Real Madrid’s point of view, James’ situation is a complicated one. Zinedine Zidane rates the player but in the Frenchman’s 4-3-3 formation there is no room to accommodate him. Casemiro, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos have been the preferred midfield three behind the BBC under Zidane in the important games, with James a frustrated spectator most of the time. In the Champions League ties against Wolfsburg and Manchester City, the Colombian played just 28 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"