Madrid and Barça enter fray for Benfica defender Lindelöf
The 21-year-old Sweden international defender has attracted the attention of Europe's elite but Benfica value him at 40 million euros.
Real Madrid and Barcelona are to go toe-to-toe for another promising Benfica talent, Sweden international Victor Lindelöf. The 21-year-old has enjoyed a fine season at the Estádio da Luz and Europe’s top clubs are interested in taking the defender off the Lisbon club’s hands. The two Spanish giants have been monitoring Lindelöf’s progress since he broke into the first team at Benfica and they have been joined by the usual suspects in the shape of Manchester United, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Juventus.
Lindelöf is a strong defender who stands at 1.87 metres tall and a key member of Sweden’s under-21 side who earned a senior call-up for the last round of international friendlies in March. This season he has played 30 games for Benfica in all competitions. With a contract running until 2020, any potential suitors will have to dig deep to sign Lindelöf, who Benfica value at 40 million euros, the same as Renato Sanches, who eventually moved to Bayern despite interest from Real and Manchester United.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL Bale starts for Wales 34 days after last game
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema vs. French FA wrangle intensifies
- SERIE A Lukaku contradicts Solskjaer: "He wanted me to stay"
- Alonso: I left Real Madrid because of Guardiola
- 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino
- BARCELONA Griezmann's former agent weighs in on Barcelona struggles