COPA DEL REY FINAL
Barcelona fans to use 10,000 Scottish flags after ban
Separatist associations in Catalonia will issue the saltires to fans for the final of the Copa del Rey where FC Barcelona take on Sevilla.
After the decision was made by the central government in Madrid to ban Barcelona fans from bringing Catalan flags into the Copa del Rey final against Sevilla, various pro-separatist groups have planned to hand out 10,000 Scottish flags which will be waved freely in the Calderon on Sunday evening.
These flags will be distributed at the associations' headquarters across Catalonia as well as in service stations on connecting motorways between Barcelona and Madrid, and in the Barça Fan Zone in the capital.
This action, according to the groups involved in its organisation, is to highlight the difference in treatment between the UK government and Scotland versus that of Spain's governement and Catalonia. "We want to decide our future as the Scottish people did," a spokesperson stated.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category