ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Griezmann to renew with Atlético before Euro 2016
Antoine Griezmann is keen to resolve his future and renew his contract with Atletcio before Euro 2016. His buy-out clause will rise to 100 million euros.
- LaLiga Santander, matchday 20: Alavés-Atlético Live.
Antoinne Griezmann is keen to renew his contract with Atlético before next month's Euro 2016. The French forward is negotiating with Atlético to secure an arrangement in which his contract would be extended and his buy-out fee hiked to 100 million euros. Griezmann has stated that he is very happy at Atlético, a club which fullfils all of his needs, both on pitch and economically.
Ideally, both parties would like to reach an agreement before the end of the season (in Spain that means after the Champions League final on 28 May). The player is on the agenda of a number of top clubs in England, France and Germany. Griezmann's caché could increase even further if he enjoys a good tournament at Euro 2016 which is why Atlético want the matter of his contract extension settled as soon as possible.
As Diario AS disclosed recently, Griezmann's buy-out clause will be rasied to 100 million euros, a figure which is beyond most of Europe's top clubs. Atlético hope the increase will act as a deterrant for clubs who who keen to snatch the Frenchman, for whom Atleti paid Real Sociedad 30 million two seasons ago. Atlético have also raised Jan Oblak's retension clause to 100 million when the keeper renewed until 2021. Oblak, Koke, Tiago and Saúl have negotiated improved contracts and extensions with the club in recent month and Fernando Torres and Gabi are expected to follow suit in due course.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?