Five possible replacements for Zidane if James leaves Madrid
As the rumours continue to grow about the future of James lying away from the Spanish capital, we look at some of the players that could come in to replace him.
Stories have been circulated around the future of James Rodriguez for some time now. Big clubs are interested in signing him, Zidane is not using him as much in the big games and the player himself seems keen to be getting regular football.
Although nothing about a move has been confirmed - and in fact the player and his wife have both spoken about how happy they are in Madrid - many in the industry believe that next week's Champions League final will be his last involvement, assuming he is even selected to be a part of Zidane's plans.
When the Colombian arrived, high expectations sat on his shoulders after an outstanding World Cup and we looked around at potential players that could take on that expectation at the Bernabeu just in case James does indeed depart.
Te recomendamos en English
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko
- REAL MADRID-BARCELONA Wuhan Zall invited by LaLiga and Madrid to watch El Clásico
- REAL MADRID-BARCELONA Rivaldo: "I haven't see any improvement at Barça since Setién's arrival"
- El Clásico Zinedine Zidane pre-Clásico press conference: how and where to watch – times, online
- JUVENTUS Cristiano: "I'm convinced Juventus will make the quarter finals"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Tuchel: "Now is the time for PSG to be confident