Five possible replacements for Zidane if James leaves Madrid
As the rumours continue to grow about the future of James lying away from the Spanish capital, we look at some of the players that could come in to replace him.
Stories have been circulated around the future of James Rodriguez for some time now. Big clubs are interested in signing him, Zidane is not using him as much in the big games and the player himself seems keen to be getting regular football.
Although nothing about a move has been confirmed - and in fact the player and his wife have both spoken about how happy they are in Madrid - many in the industry believe that next week's Champions League final will be his last involvement, assuming he is even selected to be a part of Zidane's plans.
When the Colombian arrived, high expectations sat on his shoulders after an outstanding World Cup and we looked around at potential players that could take on that expectation at the Bernabeu just in case James does indeed depart.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale needs to find his positive confidence, says Mourinho
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo reaches yet another goal milestone
- Coronavirus Bipartisan stimulus bill: what’s in the $900 billion proposal?
- REAL MADRID Has Zidane's luck run out at Real Madrid?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Dortmund lose Haaland to hamstring injury
- GAMING Fortnite: How to get The Mandalorian skin with Baby Yoda in Season 5