Alfredo Di Stéfano's fabled 'lost golazo' vs Belgium recreated
It went down in football folklore as one of the greatest goals Di Stéfano ever scored. But it was never recorded by the cameras. Now, after much detective work, it has been recreated in 3D.
It went down in football folklore as one of the greatest goals Alfredo Di Stéfano ever scored - surely one of the most inventive. But for one reason or another it was never recorded by TV cameras or even the press photographers who attended the game - just a short resumé of the game, which lasts a few minutes exists in the archives - but Di Stéano's golazo isn't included. Now, after much detective work, it has been recreated in 3D by Mediset Italia.
It was the opening goal in a friendly between Belgium and Spain at Heysel on 31 March 1957. Even Di Stéfano himself confessed that it was perhaps the most spectacular strike he'd ever scored.
It took Mediaset several interviews with those who took part in the match, including Luis Suárez to put together a 3D video animation of the strike - a stunning, Scorpian-style backheel which sent the ball into the top corner.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online & coronavirus: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks & latest news
- FOOTBALL Jorge Jesus was a better coach than José Mourinho - Julio César
- LIGUE 1 PSG: Mbappé's future is already mapped out and that's sad - Rami
- Manchester United It's down to me to show the real Anthony Martial - Man Utd forward aiming to rediscover form
- FOOTBALL Bayern: Coman wants another treble, but this time with fans
- JUVENTUS-BARCELONA Arthur-Pjanic swap deal isn't going to plan in Turin or Barcelona