Alfredo Di Stéfano's fabled 'lost golazo' vs Belgium recreated
It went down in football folklore as one of the greatest goals Di Stéfano ever scored. But it was never recorded by the cameras. Now, after much detective work, it has been recreated in 3D.
It went down in football folklore as one of the greatest goals Alfredo Di Stéfano ever scored - surely one of the most inventive. But for one reason or another it was never recorded by TV cameras or even the press photographers who attended the game - just a short resumé of the game, which lasts a few minutes exists in the archives - but Di Stéano's golazo isn't included. Now, after much detective work, it has been recreated in 3D by Mediset Italia.
It was the opening goal in a friendly between Belgium and Spain at Heysel on 31 March 1957. Even Di Stéfano himself confessed that it was perhaps the most spectacular strike he'd ever scored.
It took Mediaset several interviews with those who took part in the match, including Luis Suárez to put together a 3D video animation of the strike - a stunning, Scorpian-style backheel which sent the ball into the top corner.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?