BARCELONA - SEVILLA
Sevilla to play 63rd game of the season; Barcelona their 62nd
Stretching from August in Tblisi to May in Madrid, Unai Emery’s side have played a total of 63 matches, while their Copa rivals Barcelona are just one behind
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Barcelona and Sevilla conclude their campaigns as they started: head to head. Stretching from August in Tblisi to May in Madrid, Sevilla have played 63 competetive matches, which include: 38 in La Liga, six in the Champions League group stages, nine in the Europa League, nine in the Copa del Rey and one in the European Super Cup. Across Europe, only Liverpool reached the 63 game mark. This fixture pile-up has also visibly taken its toll on the Sevilla squad, with Beto, Andreolli, Krohn-Dehli and Tremoulinas all on the end of serious injuries.
Barcelona, meanwhile, are not far behind, one game in fact, and will step out onto the Calderón turf in what will be their 62nd of the season. Luis Enrique’s men have competed in 38 league games, ten in the Champions Leage, nine in the Copa del Rey, two in the Club World Cup, and a further two in the Spanish Super Cup. Their two biggest injuries came in September: Rafinha suffered a torn cruciate ligament, and Messi a knee injury which kept him out for two and a half months. Furthermore, one stat is telling and says a lot about both trainers' rotation policies: as many as nine Barça players have played more minutes than Sevilla’s first team. Now, 125 games later, both will be looking to end their season with a double.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- GAMING NEWS Genshin Impact: how to download free in PS4, PC, iOS and Android
- US Election 2020 What did Trump say about vote by mail in debate against Biden?
- Coronavirus India Covid-19 cases surpass 6.2 million; vice-president Venkaiah Naidu tests positive
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: how much would be paid to children and adults in new HEROES Act?
- US NEWS US elections 2020: What did moderator Chris Wallace and Trump argue about?