Varane ruled out of Champions League final
The French defender suffered a hamstring injury and is set to be sidelined for up to three weeks.
Real Madrid centre-back Raphäel Varane has been ruled out of the all-Madrid Champions League final, to be played on 28 May. The Frenchman suffered a hamstring injury, according to Real Madrid, and, despite waiting for full confirmation on the extent of the injury, is set to be sidelined for up to three weeks.
Given Varane’s limited game-time in recent matches, he was not expected to start in Milan against Atlético Madrid. This latest injury setback is not expected to affect Zidane’s original plans a great deal, however, and the Real coach is likely to stick with his favoured pairing of Pepe and Ramos at the heart of defence.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?