During the morning at the Vicente Calderón the national anthem was tested on the stadium speakers a number of times at ear-splitting volume, to the extent that it could be heard easily within a kilometre and a half of the stadium and even up to two kilometres away.
The reasoning lies in recent history: on previous occasions when Barcelona have played in the Copa del Rey final the anthem, which has no words to allow for back-up vocals from the crowd, has been drowned out in a chorus of boos by the Barça support. After the controversy leading up to the match over the estelada flags Barça fans traditionally wave at matches, which required the intervention of a judge in Madrid to resolve, the Spanish Football Federation is eager to pull out the stops to prevent a repeat performance with King Felipe in attendance.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022