Málaga boss Javi Gracia close to leaving La Rosaleda for Russia
The 46-year-old renewed his contract at the club in March this year but, with a massive offer on the table, looks set to move on.
Málaga head coach Javi Gracia appears on the verge of taking over at Russian outfit Rubin Kazan. The 46-year-old is yet to formally accept the job, but - barring a change of plans - his appointment at the Kazan Arena looks set to be finalised in the coming days.
Gracia, who has been at the Málaga helm for two years, extended his contract with the club until 2019 as recently as March. However, Kazan are believed to have made the former Osasuna coach a huge offer, with a four-year deal on the table that would see him pocket almost ten times the salary he is on at La Rosaleda.
The Spaniard is in Madrid to attend the Copa del Rey final between Barcelona and Sevilla, and will return to Málaga on Monday for talks with his current employers. Faced with the imminent prospect of losing Gracia, Los Boquerones have already begun the search for a replacement.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times