BARCELONA - SEVILLA
Three players sent off during Barcelona vs Sevilla
Barcelona defender Mascherano was sent off in the Copa del Rey final; Banega and Carriço were sent off for Sevilla
Barcelona were down to 10 men after 36 minutes of their Copa del Rey final against Sevilla this evening at the Calderón. Barça player Mascherano brought down Gameiro as he stormed into the box in a clear goal scoring situation, with just Ter Stegen, in the Barcelona goals, to beat.
Although Alba and the other Barcelona players protested furiously, referee Del Cerro, sent off the Argentinean.
Mascherano: Fastest Copa del Rey final red card
Mascherano’s red card is the fastest ever in a Copa del Rey final. It’s also the second time Mascherano has been given his marching orders; the other time he was also sent off by Del Cerro.
Sevilla have two sent off
Sevilla couldn't make their numerical advantage count with the score still 0-0 after the 90 minutes. With extra-time on the horizon Sevilla then also went down to 10 men, when Ever Banega was sent off for bringing Neymar down as he went in on goal.
Sevilla ended up finishing the match with just nine players. Carriço was adjudged to have fouled Messi by ref Del Cerro, who showed him a yellow card. Replays showed the Sevilla defender did touch the ball before knocking the Argentinean off his feet, and he decided to make the point forcefully to the official, who gave him a yellow card for protesting. And off he went.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates