Suárez injures himself then bursts into tears on the bench
The Uruguayan striker pulled up on the 56th minute after seeming to strain his hamstring. After going off in clear pain, he broke down on the bench, possibly with thoughts of the Copa América.
Luis Suárez had to be replaced on the field of play in minute 56 of a hard fought contest after seeming to pull the hamstring of his right leg. The Uruguayan had stretched for a lofted pass and whether the injury occurred then or when he subsequently turned quickly to collect the ball is still unclear. Either way the player was immediately distressed and was helped off the field by team-mates and medical staff.
Upon reaching the bench he appeared even more upset and his tears could possibly be explained as more thoughts of the coming month rather than the physical pain of the strain. He is an integral part of his country's attempt to win the Copa América which starts on 4 June and will not want to miss it.
Over the next few days we'll get updates on the injury and the players possible absence. Following the cup final, Suárez did take to the field to celebrate with his Barça team-mates after their 2-0 victory over Sevilla. The game went to extra-time after a goalless 90 minutes and 3 red cards were shown.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category