The Atlético Madrid girls win two all-boys leagues
This past weekend there was cause for a double celebration at Atlético Féminas as both the Under-12s and Under-14s were proclaimed champions of their respective divisionsNigeria B - Atlético Madrid: friendly
The girls of Atlético Féminas continue to make history. It's come to the point over the past few years that it's no longer surprising to see the Rojiblancas lifting silverware in divisions primarily composed of all-male teams. This past weekend two of the club's girls teams were crowned champions of their respective leagues: Alevín A (Under-12s) and Infantil A (Under-14s).
The Under-12s were the first to celebrate their title win. Sergio García's charges only needed a point against Balonmano Villaverde, who sat behind them in second place in Group 13 of the Community of Madrid division, and clinched top spot with a resounding 11-0 victory. This triumph marks the third year in a row the team have managed to win a league played predominantly by boys. The feat was all the more impressive this time round given the girls went unbeaten, winning 24 games and drawing one. They also scored 294 goals and only conceded four.
It was the turn of the Under-14s to celebrate on Sunday. The team managed by María Vargas, the club's sporting director, were proclaimed champions of Group IV of the Segunda División after seeing off Jarama Race 3-0. Next season they will be playing their football in the Primera División thanks to a run of 25 wins, two draws and one defeat (149 goals scored and 17 conceded).
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"