Jémez sounded out Rochina about linking up at Espanyol
The current Rayo coach, according to Pericos Online, gave his former cohort a call about the possibility of signing him for the Parakeets.
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip and all that, but a clue that Paco Jémez is planning on taking over at Espanyol ahead of the new season has emerged. According to an Espanyol-dedicated website, Pericos Online, the Rayo manager has already sounded out Granada winger Rubén Rochina about joining him at the Power8 Stadium for 2016-17.
Jémez and Rochina worked together at Rayo during the 2013-14 season and the website claims to have sources confirming the conversation took place. However, even if Jémez ends up at Espanyol he will not find it easy to do business with Granada given that Rochina is a club captain and topped the chart for assists this season, also scoring six in 35 league matches.
Whatever the situation surrounding Jémez, who has not yet officially stated if he will stay at relegated Rayo or not, Espanyol have decisions to make. The club has not yet made any statement regarding the future of current manager Constantin Galca, who returned with the side to Barcelona on Monday after a week-long tour in Bolivia.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby