Messi misses Barça's festivities through illness
Messi couldn't take part in Barcelona's League and Cup double celebrations as he was unwell; also absent were Luis Suárez, Arda, Vermaelen and Rafinha
There was a celebratory mood and a great atmosphere at Camp Nou as Barça offered the league and Copa del Rey trophies to their fans on Monday night. The only downside was the absent of several players, especially Leo Messi, who was unwell. Luis Suárez, who has been ordered to rest by doctors while he recovers from a hamstring injury, was also unable to make it. Arda and Vermaelen have gone to be with their respective national teams while Rafinha posted a tweet from Los Angeles to say how happy he is to be now getting minutes with the team.
Messi's absence was hard to take for the children who had turned up with their parents for the fiesta, but in the next few hours, the Number 10 will be flying out to Argentina to prepare for the Copa América and for that reason, he had to stay at home and take it easy as he couldn't let his condition worsen.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020