Mourinho and Mendes fine-tune Manchester United deal
Jorge Mendes flew to London to participate in the negotiation process. An announcement is unlikely today but both sides are close to an agreement.
Jose Mourinho is edging close to the Manchester United job as directors from the English club meet with the coach's agent Jorge Mendes in London report the BBC.
The ongoing negotiations have reached an advanced stage with minor details still outstanding in the finalizing of a contract that would see the coach from Setubal secure a three year deal at Old Trafford. It’s unlikely that these details will be resolved today but it’s anticipated that an official announcement is imminent and will see a return to coaching for the 53 year old following his dismissal from Chelsea in December last year as he replaces Louis Van Gaal who was dismissed by the Red Devils yesterday.
Mourniho’s arrival at the Manchester club will see him appoint Rui Faria as his number two and this set-up may in turn spell the end of Ryan Giggs’ time at Old Trafford after 29 years with the club.
Mourinho is set to earn a salary of 13 million euro which will see him established as the third best paid coach in Europe (behind Pep Guardiola on 15 and Carlo Ancelotti at Bayern on 11.)
With the arrival of Mourinho at Old Trafford it’s expected that the two Manchester club’s will have an active summer in the transfer market with speculation in England suggesting that the Portuguese coach having a budget of 250 million pounds to spend in the transfer market this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice