Fenerbahce come calling for free agent Arbeloa
Turkish sports daily 'Fotomac' report that Fenerbahçe have been in contact with Álvaro Arbeloa, whose contract with Real Madrid expires next month.
According to the Turkish press, Fenerbahçe are interested in Álvaro Arbeloa to shore up their defence next season. The 33-year-old full-back will leave Real Madrid on 30 June, after seven years with the club and Turkish sports daily Fotomac claim that Arbeloa is mulling over an offer from Fenerbahçe, despite receiving a tempting and lucrative offer to join Chinese Super League outfit, Shanghai Senhua.
Fenerbahçe are planning to offload a handful of players who are at the end of their contracts in accordance with UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules and Arbeloa is one of their objectives for the new campaign.
Panathinaikos have also expressed an interest in the veteran defender but Arbeloa is wary of moving to Greece when the country is still feeling the aftereffects of an economic crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
- George Floyd Al-Qaeda, ISIS, IRA...the complete list of terrorist groups in the US
- Coronavirus Stimulus checks: Plain envelopes are also official and not junk mail, IRS said
- George Floyd Protests Who is Jaylen Brown and what's his role in the George Floyd movement?