Fenerbahce come calling for free agent Arbeloa
Turkish sports daily 'Fotomac' report that Fenerbahçe have been in contact with Álvaro Arbeloa, whose contract with Real Madrid expires next month.
According to the Turkish press, Fenerbahçe are interested in Álvaro Arbeloa to shore up their defence next season. The 33-year-old full-back will leave Real Madrid on 30 June, after seven years with the club and Turkish sports daily Fotomac claim that Arbeloa is mulling over an offer from Fenerbahçe, despite receiving a tempting and lucrative offer to join Chinese Super League outfit, Shanghai Senhua.
Fenerbahçe are planning to offload a handful of players who are at the end of their contracts in accordance with UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules and Arbeloa is one of their objectives for the new campaign.
Panathinaikos have also expressed an interest in the veteran defender but Arbeloa is wary of moving to Greece when the country is still feeling the aftereffects of an economic crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live
- 2030 WORLD CUP Johnson backs UK bid for 2030 World Cup, offers stadiums for Euro 2020
- SERIE A The things that Georgina prohibits Cristiano from doing at home
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 Third stimulus check: when is it coming in March?
- BARCELONA FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
- NBA NBA: Harden triple-double leads Nets to win, Zion stuns Jazz