Sandro the first confirmed exit of the summer from Barcelona
Barcelona confirmed striker Sandro Ramírez will be leaving after failing to break into the first team past Messi, Neymar and Suárez.
Barcelona technical secretary for the first team, Robert Fernández, spoke on Barça TV and confirmed that striker Sandro Ramírez will not be part of the Barcelona squad for next season.
“Sandro had an offer last summer to leave. The situation we had at the time was evaluated, as we couldn’t sign anyone, and he made the effort to stay. We’re grateful for that. There was a final date, 1 May, to extend his contract by one year, but after the way he behaved we thought the fairest thing was to open the door for him”.
Sandro made his debut for Barcelona on 31 August 2014, coming on as a substitute against Villarreal. Due to the pre-eminence of the Messi, Neymar, Suárez front line he never managed to break fully into the first team, though he did come off the bench on a fair few occasions. This season he made 4 Liga starts and came off the bench 6 times, as well as making 2 starts in the Champions League and coming on as a substitute once.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures