"There can only be one number 1, and that's Messi" - Neymar
The Brazilian spoke on Barça TV at the Copa del Rey party, hinting at staying at the Catalan champions: "I'm happy here at Barcelona, learning from the number 1".
- Follow the live macth coverage of LaLiga Santander: Barcelona-Leganés live online.
Neymar gave another little wink in Barça's direction indicating that he'd like to continue at the Catalan giants in place of taking one of the many lucrative offers and changing clubs in the summer. His contract extension with much-improved terms looks to be edging closer and closer with the azulgranas.
His gesture in the Calderón said it all when he scored the second, tapped the Barça badge and signalled his desire to stay in his victory speech at Camp Nou proclaiming "Yo soy del Barça" - "I'm Barça through and through".
Once he made his way into the tunnel, Barça TV managed to get an exclusive interview with him, where he repeated his desire to stay at the double-winning Liga champions. Neymar also took the opportunity to again heap praise on Leo Messi to whom he's grown very close: "I'm learning from the best here. No-one else can be no.1, only Messi", he answered, when asked if he might be the best in the world.
Neymar has gone about putting out fires as soon as they've been lit about his potential departure from Barcelona, his clear intention, at the moment at least, is to extend his contract on improved terms. Rumours of an 'Adios' seem further from the truth than ever.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"