"This final is the biggest game of my life" - Fernando Torres
"I knew I was risking everything by coming back here to Atletico, but I knew this group were destined for somthing big and I wanted to be part of it".
Atletico Madrid's prodigal son spoke about his incredible journey that has come full circle and lead him along the yellow brick road to Saturday's Champions League final in Milan. He spoke to beIN SPORTS and the player tried to put into words what it would mean to triumph over Real Madrid and make history.
Torres discusses his departure as El Niño, his hero's return and why he thinks "this group is destined to do something momentous".
"I knew I was risking everything by coming back here to Atletico Madrid, a lot of people thought it couldn't get better for me here, but I knew the group I was coming into. I knew this group were destined for somthing big and I wanted to be part of it".
The final in Milan
"This is the most important game of my life, a chance to write a page that has never been written in 113 years of Atlético's history. I have the chance to make my dream come true, a dream I had as a kid, to win this cup with this club".
Happy to be talking of our Atlético with journalists! We hope we have been able to transmit a bit of this feeling 😉🎥https://t.co/SBq76gBcCn— Atleti English (@atletienglish) 21 May 2016
Memories of Lisbon
"The past can only help you get better, we only think about Milan, which is the present".
El Niño the animated story
Torres was speaking at the launch of his official biography, told in cartoons that animate the biggest moments in a montous career.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"