Karlovic oldest man in 25 years to reach French Open third round
The Croatian becomes the oldest man since Jimmy Connors in 1991 to reach the third round at Roland Garros
Croatian 37-year-old Ivo Karlovic on Wednesday became the oldest man since Jimmy Connors in 1991 to reach the French Open third round.
Four and a half hour marathon
Karlovic, the 27th seed, defeated Australian wildcard Jordan Thompson 6-7 (2/7), 6-3, 7-6 (7/3), 6-7 (4/7), 12-10 in a four and a half hour marathon.
41 aces and 102 winners
He unleashed 41 aces and 102 winners and goes on to meet either second seed Andy Murray or French wildcard Mathias Bourgue.
Connors was 38 years and 280 days old when he fell in the French Open third round in 1991.
Karlovic is also the oldest man to make the third round of any Slam since Connors, at 39 years and six days, reached the same stage at the 1991 US Open.
Te recomendamos en English
- Election 2020 USA election 2020 Biden - Trump presidential debate live online
- US ELECTION USA election 2020: who won the first debate in 2016?
- Coronavirus Covid-19 surges continue in India as caseload surpasses 6 million
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who are the three moderators for the presidential debates?
- US ELECTION The Biden-Trump debate: what is the format and what topics will be covered?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news