Real Madrid ask Unai Emery to stay on hold until after the final
According to Sky Sports Italia, a message has been sent by Florentino Perez to the Sevilla manager to hold off on future plans until after the Champions League final.
Decision time has been postponed at los blancos until after the Champions League final with neither Zidane nor the club comfirming that the French manager is staying on. Win and the French manager who replaced Rafa Benitez on January 4 should be safe to carry on into the remaining two years of his contract, lose against Atletico Madrid in Milan and it might be adieu Zizou.
Within this context of uncertainty, Sky Sports Italia is reporting that Real Madrid club president Florentino Perez has sent a special envoy to Unai Emery, recent winner of a third Europa League in a row at the expense of Jurgen Klopp's LIverpool, telling him to hold off on plans until after the Milan final. In fact, a loss in the San Siro against Atletico might cause the axe to fall and the Basque to get that call.
Emery is still under contract until 2017 at Sevilla, but his stock has risen since that final in Basel and interest is flowing in from around Europe. Zidane's men might be playing for more than just the Champions League trophy on Saturday night, but also for the manager who they say they want to stay.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move