Podolski seals Turkish Cup victory for Galatasaray over Fenerbahce
The German striker got the only goal in the latest installment of the Eternal Rivalry to give the Yellow-Reds the Istanbul bragging rights.
A Lukas Podolski goal in the first half was enough to earn Galatasaray victory over bitter rivals Fenerbahce in the Turkish Cup final.
Galatasaray beat city rivals Fenerbahce 1-0 in the Turkish Cup final at Antalya on Thursday thanks to a first-half goal from German striker Lukas Podolski.
The cup is OURS! Soak it in, lions! pic.twitter.com/6LliITkPGd— Galatasaray EN (@Galatasaray) 26 May 2016
It was Galatasaray's third straight Cup victory and the 17th time they have won the competition in all.
The Cup win goes some way to appeasing fans after a campaign that had been an unmitigated disaster for last season's league champions, who had three managers this season and ended sixth despite the presence of stars like Wesley Sneijder and Podolski.
But it was also double disappointment for Fenerbahce, who came second in the Turkish Super Lig to Besiktas.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?