Podolski seals Turkish Cup victory for Galatasaray over Fenerbahce
The German striker got the only goal in the latest installment of the Eternal Rivalry to give the Yellow-Reds the Istanbul bragging rights.
A Lukas Podolski goal in the first half was enough to earn Galatasaray victory over bitter rivals Fenerbahce in the Turkish Cup final.
Galatasaray beat city rivals Fenerbahce 1-0 in the Turkish Cup final at Antalya on Thursday thanks to a first-half goal from German striker Lukas Podolski.
The cup is OURS! Soak it in, lions! pic.twitter.com/6LliITkPGd— Galatasaray EN (@Galatasaray) 26 May 2016
It was Galatasaray's third straight Cup victory and the 17th time they have won the competition in all.
The Cup win goes some way to appeasing fans after a campaign that had been an unmitigated disaster for last season's league champions, who had three managers this season and ended sixth despite the presence of stars like Wesley Sneijder and Podolski.
But it was also double disappointment for Fenerbahce, who came second in the Turkish Super Lig to Besiktas.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news