Podolski seals Turkish Cup victory for Galatasaray over Fenerbahce
The German striker got the only goal in the latest installment of the Eternal Rivalry to give the Yellow-Reds the Istanbul bragging rights.
A Lukas Podolski goal in the first half was enough to earn Galatasaray victory over bitter rivals Fenerbahce in the Turkish Cup final.
Galatasaray beat city rivals Fenerbahce 1-0 in the Turkish Cup final at Antalya on Thursday thanks to a first-half goal from German striker Lukas Podolski.
The cup is OURS! Soak it in, lions! pic.twitter.com/6LliITkPGd— Galatasaray EN (@Galatasaray) 26 May 2016
It was Galatasaray's third straight Cup victory and the 17th time they have won the competition in all.
The Cup win goes some way to appeasing fans after a campaign that had been an unmitigated disaster for last season's league champions, who had three managers this season and ended sixth despite the presence of stars like Wesley Sneijder and Podolski.
But it was also double disappointment for Fenerbahce, who came second in the Turkish Super Lig to Besiktas.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Premier League Lloris explains bust-up with Spurs team-mate Son
- Football Man Utd and Man City battling for Koulibaly and Skriniar
- Coronavirus FC Dallas out of MLS is Back Tournament due to Covid-19 cases
- BARCELONA Bartomeu confident of ninth Messi Barcelona renewal
- Qatar 2022 Aspire's online program aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle