Champions League Final
Sergio Ramos opened the scoring for Real Madrid in Milan
The Real Madrid defender got the first goal of the Champions League final, stabbing home from a Kroos free-kick flicked on by Bale. He did however appear to be in an offside position.
Ramos looked offside
Kroos swung in a free-kick from the left hand side, which was flicked on by an unmarked Gareth Bale at the edge of the box. The ball flew in between Atleti keeper Oblak and a group of players on the six-yard line, with Ramos being the fastest to react and managing to get a tiny touch to put the ball past the goalie and make it 1-0.
When Bale flicked the ball on it did appear that Ramos was off-side, but the assitant referee, who had his sight blocked by a number of players kept his flag down.
Ramos, the man who did the damage in Lisbon
Ramos scored the vital goal in Lisbon in the final two years ago, the one that took the match to extra time, when he headed home in the 92nd minute, with Atleti leading at that point 1-0. Real Madrid of course went on to win that match in extra-time 4-1.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?