Arbeloa takes to Twitter again with strong Madrid message
Álvaro Arbeloa used social media to share his feelings after his club, Real Madrid, won their eleventh European Cup in Milan by defeating Atlético.
Alvaro Arbeloa has returned to social media site, Twitter following his side's dramatic late night win in the Champions League final. The passionate Madrid fan has made some headlines over recent months with his tweets and he took little time to ignite the site once again but with a fan rousing shout-out. He has already played his last game for the club and although was not part of the playing staff for the final, he made sure he was part of the celebrations (he was first to jump on Cristiano's back after the winning penalty) and will surely keep himself in the news for a while yet.
The defender's tweet, just after 01:00 Spanish time included a picture of the famous "big ears" trophy adorned with the t-shirt that he had been seen wearing in the post-match celebrations. The message along with it read "HALA MADRID¡ (sons of bitches)," a phrase that is now part of the Bernabeu faithful's tradition.
¡HALA MADRID! (Hijos de puta) pic.twitter.com/jSFLSR6qE6— Álvaro Arbeloa (@aarbeloa17) 28 de mayo de 2016
Arbeloa, 33, has had a pretty successful medal haul while at the club including a LaLiga title, two Copas del Rey, the Spanish Supercup, two Champions Leagues, one World Club Cup and one European Super Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?