REAL MADRID 1 - 1 ATLÉTICO (5-3)
Godín: “It’s a big blow, but we’ll pick ourselves up”
The Atlético centre-back also said: “This is a winning group of players. I’m so proud of my team-mates, and we’re going to keep fighting”.
Atlético Madrid’s Uruguayan defender Diego Godín insisted that Los Rojiblancos would recover from Saturday night’s defeat in the Champions League final against city neighbours Real Madrid: “It’s a big blow, but we’ll pick ourselves up. We’ve always done that. We’re really proud of what we’ve done this year,” the centre-back said after his side cruelly lost an epic battle on penalties.“The effort has been really impressive, but we couldn’t top it off with a victory,” he admitted. “That’s football and things go on. We’ll look for another chance”.
Godín, who will now join up with the Uruguay squad for the Centennial Copa América, also praised his team-mates in defeat: “This is a winning group of players. I’m so proud of my team-mates; we’re going to keep fighting for our goals, the club’s goals, and those we dream about,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Luis Suárez: "I was keen to find out what it means to play for Atleti"
- UEFA SUPER CUP UEFA pleased as fan-attended Super Cup runs 'smoothly'
- LALIGA Barcelona still have a squad capable of challenging – Zidane
- BARCELONA Messi's Last Dance: The records the Barcelona star can break – and what could hold him back
- Transfer market Depay in pole position for Barcelona move, Man Utd want Sancho and Telles
- BOXING McGregor claims his next fight is against Pacquiao