REAL MADRID 1 - 1 ATLÉTICO (5-3)
Godín: “It’s a big blow, but we’ll pick ourselves up”
The Atlético centre-back also said: “This is a winning group of players. I’m so proud of my team-mates, and we’re going to keep fighting”.
Atlético Madrid’s Uruguayan defender Diego Godín insisted that Los Rojiblancos would recover from Saturday night’s defeat in the Champions League final against city neighbours Real Madrid: “It’s a big blow, but we’ll pick ourselves up. We’ve always done that. We’re really proud of what we’ve done this year,” the centre-back said after his side cruelly lost an epic battle on penalties.“The effort has been really impressive, but we couldn’t top it off with a victory,” he admitted. “That’s football and things go on. We’ll look for another chance”.
Godín, who will now join up with the Uruguay squad for the Centennial Copa América, also praised his team-mates in defeat: “This is a winning group of players. I’m so proud of my team-mates; we’re going to keep fighting for our goals, the club’s goals, and those we dream about,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Pochettino hopeful of having Neymar available for Coupe de France final
- BARCELONA Barcelona secure 500 million euro loan from Goldman Sachs
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit 2021: is there a maximum number of children who can receive payments?
- Champions League Manchester City to pay fans' travel costs for Champions League final
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Fulham: live
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Barcelona's Champions League win boosts women's football in Spain