Aubemayang at Real win as Gabon boss says he's on the move
The Borussia Dortmund star is in Real Madrid's sights - and was at the San Siro on Saturday to see Los Blancos clinch the Champions League.
Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was in the stands at the San Siro to watch Real Madrid beat city rivals Atlético Madrid on penalties in the Champions League final.
The 26-year-old, who has made no secret of his dream of pulling on the Real shirt, is high on Los Blancos' shopping list - and his presence in Milan on Saturday night once again fuelled rumours of a potential move to the Bernabéu.
"Aubameyang is changing clubs"
And speculation over Aubameyang's future has been further stoked up by the Gabon ace's national boss, Jorge Costa, with RFI quoting the coach as saying he is in the process of a transfer away from Dortmund.
"Aubameyang has asked not to be selected because he is changing clubs," Costa reportedly told the news outlet after the player missed his country's 2-0 friendly defeat to Mauritania.
A promise to his grandfather
The ex-Saint-Etienne man, who is also being linked with major European sides such as Manchester United, admitted to L'Equipe in February that he had vowed to his grandfather that he would go on to sign for Real.
"Before he died two years ago I promised him that one day I would play for Real Madrid," said the forward, who hit 39 goals for Dortmund this season.
"My grandfather was from Ávila, not far from Madrid," added Aubameyang. "It’s what I said to him. I know it’s not easy but it’s something I keep in mind."
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend