Real's Kovacic: "AC Milan? Anything can happen in life"
After winning the Champions League, Real Madrid's Croatia midfielder spoke to Fcinternews: "It’s been a difficult season. I was sorry to leave Inter..."
Mateo Kovacic didn’t make it on to the pitch during the Champions League final in Milan. In fact, he didn’t even make it on to the bench. The Croatia midfielder, signed from Inter last summer at the behest of Rafa Benítez, may have his days numbered at Real Madrid. AC Milan are keen on snapping up the 22-year-old and Kovacic wasn’t ruling anything out when speaking to Fcinternews in the mixed zone in Milan. “It’s been a difficult season. I was sorry to leave Inter, but Real are a great team. I was very young when I arrived but I’ve picked up a lot of experience. I’m fine, I played a lot of games, I expected to have difficulties. Milan? Anything can happen in life, but I’m not thinking about that at the moment. The Euros are coming up and I’ve got five years left on my contract.”
Milan have already sounded Madrid out about the availability of the midfielder. According to SportMediaset, Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani, was at the Champions League semi-final between Real and Manchester City and made initial advances to both the player and the board. According to the same source, Kovacic would be open to a return to Milan due to the limited first team chances he has enjoyed at the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRANSFER STORIES PSG preparing huge offer for Guardiola
- REAL MADRID Zidane has got goals coming from everywhere
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "Chelsea can't always depend on Abraham for goals"
- Premier League Raul Jimenez out to make history with Wolverhampton
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool not greatest team yet, says Solskjaer
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland "happy" and "relaxed" after Dortmund hat-trick debut