Real's Kovacic: "AC Milan? Anything can happen in life"
After winning the Champions League, Real Madrid's Croatia midfielder spoke to Fcinternews: "It’s been a difficult season. I was sorry to leave Inter..."
Mateo Kovacic didn’t make it on to the pitch during the Champions League final in Milan. In fact, he didn’t even make it on to the bench. The Croatia midfielder, signed from Inter last summer at the behest of Rafa Benítez, may have his days numbered at Real Madrid. AC Milan are keen on snapping up the 22-year-old and Kovacic wasn’t ruling anything out when speaking to Fcinternews in the mixed zone in Milan. “It’s been a difficult season. I was sorry to leave Inter, but Real are a great team. I was very young when I arrived but I’ve picked up a lot of experience. I’m fine, I played a lot of games, I expected to have difficulties. Milan? Anything can happen in life, but I’m not thinking about that at the moment. The Euros are coming up and I’ve got five years left on my contract.”
Milan have already sounded Madrid out about the availability of the midfielder. According to SportMediaset, Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani, was at the Champions League semi-final between Real and Manchester City and made initial advances to both the player and the board. According to the same source, Kovacic would be open to a return to Milan due to the limited first team chances he has enjoyed at the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD CUP 2022 Fourth World Cup stadium ready for inauguration on 18 December
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Jota makes Liverpool history, Arsenal draw another blank
- premier league Klopp cheers Firmino display as Liverpool set new club record
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: why are Trump’s legal challenges continuing despite Georgia being certified for Biden?