Dani Carvajal to learn Euro 2016 fate on Monday
Real Madrid's medical services and those of La Roja will decide whether the right back is fit to play in the European Championship in France.
Dani Carvajal will undergo tests on Monday to assess the extent of the injury that forced him off the field early in the second half of the Champions League final in Milan. The Real Madrid right back went off in the 50th minute with a muscle strain, in tears as he realized his chances of playing for Spain at the European Championships were in jeopardy.
Once the results are back, the medical staff of both Real and the Spanish national team will meet to evaluate the player’s fitness and make a decision on whether he will be able to join up with Vicente del Bosque’s squad or not. Carvajal was due to meet up with the rest of the Spain squad on June 4, along with his international teammates and those of Atlético Madrid.
If Carvajal is ruled out, Vicente del Bosque confirmed on Sunday after Spain beat Bosnia 3-1 in their first warm-up game that Arsenal full back Héctor Bellerín, who started the match, will be retained for the tournament as a replacement for the Real defender.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega