Steve McManaman barely celebrates Cristiano Ronaldo's winning penalty
The one-time Madridista watched the penalty shootout alongside Rio Ferdinand, but it was the latter who looked more enthused when the Portuguese slotted past Jan Oblak.
Steve McManaman, whose illustrious playing career included a four-year stint at Real Madrid, was in the San Siro commentary box on Saturday night alongside Manchester United defensive legend Rio Ferdinand.
Both ex-England internationals were filmed as the watched the tense penalty shootout unfold in front of them, and oddly it was Ferdinand who seemed happier when Cristiano Ronaldo thumped Los Blancos' fifth penalty into the back of Jan Oblak's net to clinch the undécima for Zidane's men.
The Liverpudlian racked up an impressive trophy collection during his time in the Spanish capital, winning La Liga in 2000-01 and 2002-03 and two Champions League titles in 2000 and 2002. In the first of those finals the Scouse midfielder scored Madrid's second goal in a 3-0 rout of Hector Cuper's Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...