Steve McManaman barely celebrates Cristiano Ronaldo's winning penalty
The one-time Madridista watched the penalty shootout alongside Rio Ferdinand, but it was the latter who looked more enthused when the Portuguese slotted past Jan Oblak.
Steve McManaman, whose illustrious playing career included a four-year stint at Real Madrid, was in the San Siro commentary box on Saturday night alongside Manchester United defensive legend Rio Ferdinand.
Both ex-England internationals were filmed as the watched the tense penalty shootout unfold in front of them, and oddly it was Ferdinand who seemed happier when Cristiano Ronaldo thumped Los Blancos' fifth penalty into the back of Jan Oblak's net to clinch the undécima for Zidane's men.
The Liverpudlian racked up an impressive trophy collection during his time in the Spanish capital, winning La Liga in 2000-01 and 2002-03 and two Champions League titles in 2000 and 2002. In the first of those finals the Scouse midfielder scored Madrid's second goal in a 3-0 rout of Hector Cuper's Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD CUP 2022 Fourth World Cup stadium ready for inauguration on 18 December
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Jota makes Liverpool history, Arsenal draw another blank
- premier league Klopp cheers Firmino display as Liverpool set new club record
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: why are Trump’s legal challenges continuing despite Georgia being certified for Biden?