Gatecrasher lifts the trophy with the Real Madrid players
Gaspare Galasso, the self-described 'Gatecrashing King', slipped past San Siro security, watched the all-Madrid final beside Florentino Pérez and then got his hands on the title.Champions League live online
Two thousand police were assigned to keep the peace around the San Siro on Saturday night, making it nigh on impossible for non-ticket or accreditation holders from getting inside the ground to watch the Champions League final. So tight was the security that journalists had to walk through ten checkpoints to get to their designated seats.
Despite the Fort Knox-like measures, one young man managed to slip under the radar and even got to lift the trophy with Real Madrid players, getting his hands on the famous silverware "before James".
Gaspare Galasso, the self-described 'il Re delle imbucate', 'Gatecrashing King', has earned himself a reputation as a top-class blagger. The 23-year-old was also involved in Napoli's on-pitch cup celebrations back in 2012. "I sat in the Emirates VIP section, but that was nothing compared with the Champions League final", the Sicilian native told AS.
So how did he do it?
It turns out it was very easy. Gaspare bought a mockup lanyard and covered up his lack of media accreditation with a smart button-up suit jacket. "A steward stopped me so I barked 'Are you seriously asking me for a ticket?' at him, which was enough to make him stand down." Video and photographic evidence back up his story. He made his way to the venue's VIP section, took selfies with anyone he could get his hands on, watched some of the action sat down beside Florentino Pérez and even managed to lift the cup itself. Playing the role of a head of security, the Italian chancer began ordering security guards around: "I told the stewards where they were supposed to be and they followed my orders. After that I made my way over to the player."
Él es Gaspare Galasso, comediante italiano que se infiltra en las celebraciones deportivas. Lo logró en Milán pic.twitter.com/UuYoy54dhf— Juez Central (@Juezcentral) 30 May 2016
Footage shows Gaspare during the trophy-lifting ceremony, alongside Los Blancos: "Varane handed me the cup, I lifted it, and then gave it to James".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?