Del Bosque confirms 23 man Spain squad: Isco and Saúl out
Del Bosque has left Isco and Saúl out, while Koke and Lucas Vazquez survived the cull, here's Spain's complete and definitive 23 man squad list.
Vicente Del Bosque has made his final decision. Isco and Saúl's dreams of glory in France will not come true as their names do not appear on the final 23-man list for Euro 2016. The Real Madrid footballer, a regular in Del Bosque's recent squads, and Atlético Madrid's Saúl, who shone in the Champions League will not be shining on the green fields of France.
Saúl is yet to make his full first-team debut, but was in the squad to face Costa Rica and Belarus in May of last year. Koke makes the list despite some injury concerns after the Champions League final.
Here is the definitive 23-man squad that will defend Spain's European crown, and try to win an unprecedented 3 European Championships in-a-row:
Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas, De Gea and Sergio Rico.
Defenders: Juanfran, Bellerín, San José, Piqué, Ramos, Bartra, Azpilicueta and Jordi Alba.
Midfielders: Lucas Vázquez, Bruno Soriano, Silva, Cesc, Koke, Busquets, Iniesta, Pedro and Thiago
Strikers: Morata, Aduriz and Nolito.
In the case of a serious injury to any of the 23 chosen, managers will have up to 24 hours before the start of the tournament to call in a substitute.
Yesterday is was confirmed that following the injury sustained in Saturday's Champions League final, Dani Carvajal will miss the tournament and his place has been taken up by Arsenal's Bellerín.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?