Alaba’s father speaks to AS about his son’s potential Madrid move
George Alaba spoke to AS about the interest from Los Blancos in the Bayern full back, who stated that Madrid is a great club and that they are proud of the interest shown.
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
Real Madrid have already made advances to sign David Alaba, the 23 year-old left back currently under contract with Bayern Munich. They have offered 50 million euros although the German giants are currently stating that they will not consider negotiating for less than 80 million.
José Ángel Sánchez, general director of Los Blancos, is the person responsible for the transfer operation and he has met several times with the player's father, George Alaba, in Vienna. George is key in the contract negotiations of his son and on each occasion the Spanish club has been hearing positive noises about the player's desire to move to the Bernabeu. This is despite the fact that he recently extended his contract in Munich to 2021 (previously this was to 2018).
AS got in touch with George Alaba who was comfortable talking about the potential move to the new champions of Europe although stated that no comments needed to be made yet. He added, "Real Madrid are a really great club and we're very proud of their interest. This is all I can say, nothing more."
Madrid see the Alaba as not only a very talented player but also a versatile one. He can play full back, central defence but also in the middle of the field, the latter being his favourite position. This preference apparently was the reason for some conflict between him and Guardiola who wanted him to remain as part of the back line.
Last night saw Alaba get some warm up practice for Austria ahead of the Euros and may now wish he'd been substituted around the 85th minute after putting the ball into his own goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona offer Griezmann to Juventus, reports in Italy
- Coronavirus India's Covid-19 vaccine target launch date concerns experts
- Bundesliga Sané takes Coutinho's number 10 shirt at Bayern
- BARCELONA Umtiti: Barcelona defender suffers fresh injury setback
- Manchester City 4-0 Liverpool Klopp praises “brilliant attitude” despite comprehensive defeat
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Real Madrid stretch LaLiga lead over Barcelona to four points