EURO 2016 | SPAIN
Casillas, Rico, De Gea: Who is Del Bosque's number one?
Sergio Rico and Casillas featured in today's friendly game against South Korea in Salzburg where 'La Roja" strolled to a comfortable 6-1 win.
Friday June 10 see's the Euro 2016 tournament get underway in Paris as hosts France take on Romania in Group A.
Holders Spain start their campaign on June 13 when the Czech Republic are the first opponents of Vicente del Bosque's side in Toulouse. With many of the starting position's in the Spanish side clear in the mind of the national team coach one of the outstanding question marks for many of La Roja supporters is who will be the coach from Salamanca's number one choice goalkeeper.
With previous third choice keeper, Villarreal's Sergio Asenjo still lacking first team playing time as a result of his cruciate ligament injury rehabilitation, Sevilla's Sergio Rico has been the player elected by Del Bosque to form part of his 23 man squad for France with the 22 year old making his international debut this afternoon in Salzburg.
Del Bosque has rotated between Iker Casillas and Manchester United's David de Gea in recent friendly games. In the March friendly games, De Gea was first choice against Italy with Casillas manning the posts for the Romania game. Given both player's form this season and despite his loyalty for the veteran goalkeeper from Mostoles it would be surprising not to see the United player line up for 'La Roja' in Stadium de Toulouse on Monday week.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- CORONAVIRUS $300 unemployment benefits: which states are still paying it?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?