King Ibra: German side offers Swede an entire city to sign
German fourth-tier outfit Rot-Weiss Oberhausen launch an ambitious bid to bring Zlatan to the German divisions in exchange for various perks...
Zlatan Ibrahimovic won’t have been short of offers this summer after announcing he would not renew his contract at PSG and when dealing with a player of the Swede’s eccentricity, a few of them were always bound to be outlandish.
You can’t fault Rot-Weiss Oberhausen of the German fourth-tier regional division for ambition. “As has been reported, sporting director Frank Kontny is in the market for a powerful forward who’s good in the air and he is aware of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s situation as a free agent,” the club said in a statement. “The Sweden international, also called god, has scored many doubles and hat-tricks for PSG in Ligue 1. Now, Ibrahimovic is free and the club have made an offer.”
If Ibrahimovic was concerned about making the step down to regional football, Rot-Weiss have drawn up a few carrots to persuade the Swede to sign. Among them, the city of Oberhausen will adopt a constitutional monarchy and name Ibrahimovic king. The local beer, König Pilsener, will be renamed Ibrahimovic Pilsener and a new stand at the stadium will be constructed entirely from Ikea. The local covered pool, closed in 1983, will be reopened if Ibrahimovic wants to have a swim.
The club said they were hopeful of receiving a positive response from the player in due course.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals