Gündogan: Dortmund in dig at departing midfielder?
His move from Borussia Dortmund to Man City was confirmed on Thursday - with the Germans appearing to fire a parting shot.
Manchester City announced the purchase of Germany international midfielder Ilkay Gündogan on a four-year contract on Thursday.
The 25-year-old is to join City on 1 July, becoming incoming manager Pep Guardiola's first signing at the Etihad Stadium.
And in a statement confirming Gündogan's sale, former club Borussia Dortmund appeared to get in a sly dig at the player and his new employers.
Dortmund noted that Gündogan "will leave the eight-time German champions" to move to a side "who finished last season's English Premier League in fourth place".
Despite this seeming barb, the Bundesliga outfit also thanked him for his service to the club, wishing him "all the best for his future endeavours in Manchester".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?
- REAL MADRID Monaco interested in Real Madrid defender Marcelo
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King Day: what did MLK do and how did he die?
- UNITED STATES $2,000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen