Gündogan: Dortmund in dig at departing midfielder?
His move from Borussia Dortmund to Man City was confirmed on Thursday - with the Germans appearing to fire a parting shot.
Manchester City announced the purchase of Germany international midfielder Ilkay Gündogan on a four-year contract on Thursday.
The 25-year-old is to join City on 1 July, becoming incoming manager Pep Guardiola's first signing at the Etihad Stadium.
And in a statement confirming Gündogan's sale, former club Borussia Dortmund appeared to get in a sly dig at the player and his new employers.
Dortmund noted that Gündogan "will leave the eight-time German champions" to move to a side "who finished last season's English Premier League in fourth place".
Despite this seeming barb, the Bundesliga outfit also thanked him for his service to the club, wishing him "all the best for his future endeavours in Manchester".
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match