Gündogan: Dortmund in dig at departing midfielder?
His move from Borussia Dortmund to Man City was confirmed on Thursday - with the Germans appearing to fire a parting shot.
Manchester City announced the purchase of Germany international midfielder Ilkay Gündogan on a four-year contract on Thursday.
The 25-year-old is to join City on 1 July, becoming incoming manager Pep Guardiola's first signing at the Etihad Stadium.
And in a statement confirming Gündogan's sale, former club Borussia Dortmund appeared to get in a sly dig at the player and his new employers.
Dortmund noted that Gündogan "will leave the eight-time German champions" to move to a side "who finished last season's English Premier League in fourth place".
Despite this seeming barb, the Bundesliga outfit also thanked him for his service to the club, wishing him "all the best for his future endeavours in Manchester".
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard | Matsuyama leads at -11
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: until when will the new "plus-up" payments be sent?
- REAL MADRID 2 - 1 BARCELONA Real Madrid ratings in Clásico against Barcelona
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid ahead of Barcelona in Clásicos won: 98-96
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid - Barcelona: what are their next matches and how many points are left?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker