Laurent Blanc’s days at PSG could be numbered with reports linking the Ligue 1 giants with a move for a top Liga coach. Yahoo stated early on Friday that PSG owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi had been in touch with Atlético Madrid boss Diego Simeone’s representatives to sound out the Argentinean about initiating a new project while French television network iTele has thrown another name into the ring: Unai Emery.
The network reports that PSG have identified Emery, who has won the Europa League three times consecutively with Sevilla, as the man to replace Blanc. According to iTele, PSG have made contact with Emery’s representatives and have tabled a formal offer, making the Sevilla manager the only coach with a firm proposal from the Parc des Princes.
Al-Khelaifi said in an interview that the club is looking to enter into a new era this summer and that a clear out would be initiated, presumably one that will start with the manager’s seat.
Emery is one of Europe’s most sought after coaches after his stellar work at the Sánchez Pizjuán. Milan have been credited with a serious interest in the meticulous 44-year-old and tried last summer to tempt him to the San Siro.
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?