Luis Salom killed in Montmeló crash
The Spanish Moto2 rider crashed on the 12th corner at Montmeló and was taken to hospital after receiving treatment, but did not regain consciousness.
Spanish Moto2 rider Luis Salom was killed after suffering a serious accident at the Montmeló circuit during a practice session ahead of this weekend’s Gran Premi de Catalunya.
Salom, 24, was taken to the Hospital General Universitario de Cataluña after receiving treatment on the track. The Spaniard crashed on turn 12 of the Montmeló circuit during the second free practice session. The turn is generally approached at 149km/h in third gear by riders.
Eye witnesses said Salom had failed to take the turn on his Kalex bike and had careered off the track without the chance to brake, hitting the air fence and the protection barriers. The rider was knocked unconscious and although he received medical attention swiftly on the track and an air ambulance was on hand, he was taken to hospital by road, where he passed away shortly afterwards.
Reaction to the tragic death of Luis Salom
My love and heart is with Luis salom and his family. We lost another great rider. R.I.P Luis 🌹 pic.twitter.com/eZXf8SU8rQ— ReddingPower #⃣4⃣5⃣ (@Reddingpower) 3 June 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7